Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chicken Mole Enchiladas * and other recipies...

WOW March 11, was the last post... Man I know I have been cooking... I will give you a run down.
First the Chicken Mole enchiladas. I had no clue what Mole negro sauce was and it is described as " made up of 35 ingredients, including chilies, nuts, spice and chocolate." So after reading that I thought HEY! I like chilies, nuts, spices and chocolate!!!! Plus the picture in the book looks yummy (page 263 for those that have this book). It was suppose to be super easy. A rotisserie chicken, the mole sauce and tortillas. I am sad to say Mr. David Zinczenko and Mr. Matt Goulding, I did not like this at all!!! Neither did my kids. So as a disclaimer I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I had chicken breast I put in the crock pot and cooked with the mole sauce all day. Maybe that was the problem ..... nope I don't' think so. I think it was missing something. I still can't quite put my finger on it but there was something that I thought the dish needed. So I do not recommend this at all. Which is sad because maybe someone would really like it. Just not us.
My critics said.
Amanda - MOM THIS IS GROSE!
Emma- I don't like the meat
Keneson- Do I have to eat this?
Corrina - opted out of the meat ( she ate later than the rest of us.)
Tracy- thought it was okay but only had two tacos
Me- The first taco I ate was good and had a little spice to it. The second one... not good.

Hearty Lasagna ****
This is page 206 and you should run don't walk to use this recipe. Again I didn't follow it exactly only because it calls for precooked chicken sausage. I couldn't find any in any of the three stores we have in town. So we used hamburger. I am sure that changes the nutritional value but it was soo good..... Even left overs (which there was enough for two lunches for me ONLY) . I only had to run to the store one extra time. That was only because I already had the lasagna no cook noodles but when I looked closer to the box it expired March of 08... Yes 2008, So I bought new. This recipe does calls for Muir Glen Tomato sauce... I couldn't find the basil kind, and looking at it now it says pasta sauce not tomatoes. WOOPS... I did find that kind of tomato sauce and there was even a dollar off coupon on the back if you bought two. SCORE! it is super good tomato sauce! Everyone loved it.
My critics say
Amanda - Mom this is really good (with a great amount of surprise)
Emma- Oh I like this - do I have to eat my salad?
Corrina- it's good
Keneson- can we have this every night
Tracy- Oh I like this....
Me- yum.... I hope there is leftovers.

So see even though I have been MIA I am still cooking! YUMMY stuff!!!!! (well most of it has been)

3 2 1 .... Get COOKING...

2 comments:

  1. I dont think you are the one missing as you have posted in March but what happened to your sister???? Did she fall off the kitchen counter??

    ReplyDelete