Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shrimp Fra Diavolo *** Teressa

Sorry to say there are no pictures with this meal. But I can tell you that this is a very fragrant meal. And that I cooked way to much pasta with this!
Unlike most creamy shrimp pastas this is a tomato based sauce. It isn't tomatoey like spaghetti and meatballs. It is more like a hint of tomatoes.
You start by cooking the shrimp a little then saute some garlic, onions and oregano. This is where all the fragrance comes from... WOW it made the house smell soooooo good. Everyone commented on that part for sure. Then it is like 1 can of tomatoes, and some wine. There is normally enough wining going on in my house so I opted out of wine, I used broth instead.
I also used whole wheat spaghetti noodles. These are quickly becoming my fave kind of noodles. So what did the critics have to say about this fantsic meal?
Tracy- Its really good. (to much pasta the flavors are lost)
Amanda - I love shrimp anything!
Keneson- I only got 3 shrimp!
Emma- Who wants my shrimp....
Corrina can I have more?
Me. Your right there is to much pasta and not enough sauce but it still has good flavor...


Which reminds me...there is a little secret in this recipe. Red pepper flakes, you saute it with the onions and stuff.... Packs a little bit of spice but YUM!!!!! This is found on page 212 by the way....

3 2 1 LETS COOK

1 comment:

  1. So when you have too much you can always remember your mother and grandmother need to eat too.......lol

    ReplyDelete