Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Repeat Recipe - Pot Stickers (Erin) ****

So, I made my first repeat recipe. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the pot stickers the first time around!! Did I mention I loved the pot stickers?!? :)

I hate to admit I didn't like them as well this time, and it's Jason's fault. :) I LOVE when I can blame something on someone other than me. Okay, it's not actually his fault, but he bought some weird pot stickers when he went shopping. They looked weird on the box, and they were. They completely fell apart while cooking them. They didn't have the same kind of "wrapper" on the outside as the first ones I made.

They still had good flavor, and I LOVED the brown rice and snap peas. I will gladly take the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. There is a lot because Madeline ate her leftover Jose Peppers burrito, and Riley ate some of her faves...not pot stickers, brown rice, and snap peas...imagine that! :)

I'm not going to tell you to start cooking tonight. Instead, I'm going to tell you to START COMMENTING!!! Is anyone reading this blog? :)

3 comments:

  1. Well I am but I don't count... Teressa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that the book you're holding is $5.00 dinner, are the recipe's breaking out where you are saving money with each meal? I'm kinda clueless, what's a pot sticker? Has anyone else tried this recipe and what do you guys think?

    Wildmonkeys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Wildmonkeys,

    Thanks for posting! :) We have the $5 dinner cookbook, but we haven't used it yet. We are too in love with "Cook This, Not That!" to stray. The recipes in the $5 book do give you a lot of money saving ideas, but it is very heavy on the "watch the sale ads and use tons of coupons" kind of shopping that I'm too lazy for. :)

    A pot sticker is a delicious little bundle of meat and veggies. Think of it as a steamed eggroll...healthier and WAY yummier. (Is yummier a word?) It is shaped like a small empanada.

    You HAVE to try them! :)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete