Tuesday, February 23, 2010

French Pot Roast with buttered noodles. *** (Teressa)


Here is the down low on the Pot Roast.


I must confess I have NO CLUE on how to "eyeball" a measurement. I cut the meat to 1 1/2 inch instead of 1 inch. So after Tracy came to my rescue. The meat got cut. Also how is this a healthy for you recipe when you brown the meat in baccon grease... YES thats right baccon grease! 2 strips of baccon browned then brown the meat. I decided not to use the wine in this... oh there was wineing just not any of the red wine was used in the sauce. I got the meat in the crockpot, with all the broth and tomato paste. No bay leaves. I forgot them at the store.

The pearl onions were a little hard to find. Walmart here didn't have them. But Dillons did. yeah Dillons.
The critics in my house didn't like this at all!
They ate the noodles and didn't like the meat, or the onions or the peas... So I don't think I will make this again. Sorry Cook this not that people. Not a family fav.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear it wasn't loved by all! It looks yummy!! What did you and Tracy think?

    :) Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. We liked it actually he is eating it for lunch today. so he must like it. I didn't like the onions there was to much. T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the blog makes me want to get these cook books and try some of them out. The other day, I read the back of a soup can and there was a recipe so . . . I tried it. (Didn't exactly work like I thought the picture would be differant at least). You and your sister are inspiring.

    Wildmonkeys

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry this wasnt up to what you liked. It does look great and I am so hungry for pot roast. I think I will try the recipe anyway.,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wildmonkeys you should try it. Teressa

    ReplyDelete